BlacktheHack's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GLASGOW TARIFF

3 posters

Go down

GLASGOW TARIFF  Empty GLASGOW TARIFF

Post by Kenneth Gillespie Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:05 pm

As many of you will know by now GCC have propossed a tariff of 3.64% and that we have to get our tariff lodged by 4/04/12. The branch committee and tariff committee will have our final submition drawn up by that date and lodged with the council.

Kenneth Gillespie

Back to top Go down

GLASGOW TARIFF  Empty Re: GLASGOW TARIFF

Post by Kenneth Gillespie Sat May 12, 2012 3:13 pm

As of 3/04/12 our tariff proposal was lodged with GCC as per their letter and now we are waiting for a reply.

Kenneth Gillespie

Back to top Go down

GLASGOW TARIFF  Empty Foot and Mouth

Post by george kelly Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:04 pm

With the result of the council`s deliberations on the tariff ,a feeding frenzy developed on the other forum. This did not do the Union`s creditability any good and while I can understand people`s dismay at the outcome a knee jerk reaction does us more harm than good. We are now a player in the game between GCC and GTL and whilst co-operation with GTL may not be everybody`s prefered option it has got to happen without delay. We have a window of opportunity and we do not want to slam it shut.
We MUST work with them as it`s the only way forward and perhaps the THEM and US scenario will disappear, if not we will be in the dark once again. We have accreditation and if we don`t present a United Front against the council { with GTL }we have wasted the last 5 years.
So lets all get our brains in gear before we open our mouth and undo years of hard work.Remember the public forum is over seen by GCC and GTL.
DO NOT SHIT ON YOUR OWN NEST !!!!! Rolling Eyes

george kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenneth Gillespie Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:19 am

Well said George until we step back and look at all the facts then and only then can we all make an informed choice on the best way forward.

Kenneth Gillespie

Back to top Go down

Post by remlap Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:13 pm

Got the letter of GTL today what do they think they are doing. they could get council to knock back prof coopers reveiw. Would like a tarrif committee/EC meeting to discuss this as i think GTL are not going to have anything to do with the union.

remlap

Back to top Go down

Post by george kelly Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Alistair,
I don`t know if you are aware that we are in contact with GTL and they will be co-operating with us regarding a" bottom`s" up review of the formula which will be implemented for the 2013 tariff review. Already I have noticed that the original formula has been "tweeked " by the council and we will be vigorously pursueing a more comprehensive basket of parts as compared to the council`s sparse list,
George

george kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by remlap Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi George
I Know that the meeting are going on but my point is will the council stop the review if GTL go to the traffic com. Did they inform us that they were going to put this letter out to the members or at least inform us that they were thinking off gong to the traffic com.
Alistair

remlap

Back to top Go down

Post by george kelly Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:18 am

As Far as I am aware Alistair the GTL EC are not in favour of going to the Traffic Commissioner but there appears to be a wind of change blowing through GTL in that they are now going to seek the opinions of members for important issue`s.
The thing to remember is that should they go to the TC`s we would support them but we feel that we cannot realistically do all the running without their support and vice versa.
They main problem with going to the TC is the time taken to get a decision and we could be looking at October sometime before we get a hearing and a rise if any, would not be implemented until December at the earliest.
Whereas if the tariff formula is sorted it will be used in the February 2013 rise and the great benefit in that would be that it would be sorted for the future and we would not need this hassle every year.
We are presently working on it in the background and the bonus is that Professor Cooper will also be involved and it will definately be a formula that REAL TAXI operators are involved in, so we will get the results that the trade needs (NO more amatuer participants ie council officers and full-time committee men ) I have identified almost 80 parts to be included in the basket of parts as against about a dozen or so that the council uses so that alone is worth quite a bit every year. We would like this formula reviewed every year and any changes implemented before the February review which would pick up any additional maintenance problems that occur during the previous year. operators woulsd be asked to make comments before each review.
So hopefully we can get an accurate figure for maintainance rather than the crap method we have now !
If you are at the July meeting we may have more news then,
George

george kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by george kelly Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:20 am

Alistair,
There is an Union EC meeting tonight (Sunday) and I will raise your point at it, and the point about the council delaying the review has already been considered and that is why the branch felt it was not in our best interests to go to the TC,
George

george kelly

Back to top Go down

Post by remlap Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:19 am

Hi George.
If GTL members vote to go to the traffic comm do you think the council will stop the review. I'm just worried that GTL will do something behind our back and that the council will renege on the review I agee with you that this is the best way forward to get a good rise year after year but if GTL do go to the comm it will torpedo this review. Maybe it's just me but I and others don't trust the EC as they are always looking to get re-elected by any means
Alistair

remlap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down